Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

a.k.a. Perfection


A Lemon Cake Speckled with Fresh Blueberries, Filled with a Creamy Lemon Curd, Frosted with a Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mascarpone Frosting, and Garnished with a Dollop of Lemon Curd and a Blueberry!



My Dad had been craving this one for weeks, and I finally surprised him on Father's Day with it! I was kind of nervous to make it since baking with fruit is always a difficult task, but let me tell you, I was not disappointed!









The cake is sweet with a wonderful lemon scent and of course, flavor. The blueberries burst into something perfectly sweet and tart at the same time and the thick lemon curd is very tangy, adding a different take to a traditionally over-sweet dessert. However, the sourness only is subtle once you bring the frosting into the picture. The mascarpone frosting melts in your mouth and changes the cupcake into a sweet and light treat. It combines to create a perfect cupcake with a balanced flavor! This cupcake definitely reminds me of summer.


You can order these by visiting my 'Place An Order' Tab and take a few home for yourself! Or you could share... which I never recommend.   



P.S. Stay tuned to hear about my Fundraiser coming up soon... There's nothing better than eating a cupcake and knowing you are also benefiting someone's life at the same time. Double Win!

Much thanks! -- Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment or question!